Climate & Health
Climate change is the greatest threat to human health in our times, but also the greatest opportunity to advance public health.
Read our report Energy & Health in Maryland
- Maryland Climate and Health Profile Report – (2016) Maryland Department of Health & Mental Hygiene released this report to identify vulnerable populations in Maryland that will be more severely affected by climate change and to understand how extreme heat and precipitation events (i.e., rain, snow, and ice), that are projected to increase in frequency and intensity in response to our changing climate, are affecting the health of Marylanders today.
- Climate Change Adaptation Toolkit – (2017) This National Caucus of Environmental Legislators toolkit provides numerous resources, experts and examples of successful state adaptation strategies to protect natural systems, wildlife, habitat, infrastructure and health and safety.
- Planning for Climate and Energy Equity in Maryland – (2015) Prepared by Skeo Solutions this report addresses the question: How can Maryland’s climate and energy policies and programs address social equity?
The Maryland Environmental Health Network helped to sponsor this report
- Considerations: Climate Change & Health in Maryland – (2015) A fact sheet prepared by MdEHN to support health advocates in providing public comments on climate change in Maryland.
- What Health Care Professionals Can Do About Climate Change – A resource guide by Moms Clean Air Force for pediatricians, pediatric nurse practitioners, and other health professionals
- Climate Change & Health Fact Sheet– National Environmental Education Foundation
- On the Front Line of Tidal Flooding – Annapolis Profile – Union of Concerned Scientists